Native to Southern Europe and Western Asia, Cypress essential oil is derived from tall evergreen trees. Cypress oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress essential oil contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. One of the main chemical compounds and monoterpenes in Cypress, α-pinene, helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes. The monoterpenes in Cypress oil are beneficial for oily skin and overall skin health. It also has a grounding effect, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
- Apply to feet and legs prior to a long run and rub on aching joints.
- Diffuse Cypress oil with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent.
- It is also used to treat sores, pimples, pustules and skin eruptions.
- Mix together Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with carrier oil for an invigorating massage.
- Add one to two drops to your skin toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin.
- Diffuse 5 to 7 drops in diffuser.
- Combine 10 drops with 20 ml of carrier oil to rub on aching knees and joints.
- Topical application helps to invigorate the senses
- Helps improve the appearance of oily skin
- Can help in reducing sores, pimples and skin eruptions.
- Can be used to reduce arthritis, restless leg syndrome and cramps.