Sandalwood is a name given to a class of fragrant woods that, unlike other aromatic woods, can retain their fragrance for decades. Both the wood and oil have been highly valued for centuries and Sandalwood has a documented history of many applications. It was traditionally used as an incense in religious ceremonies and for enhancing meditation, and the Egyptians used sandalwood for embalming. Sandalwood oil is very beneficial to the skin; it can help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections and it promotes a healthy, smooth complexion. Sandalwood oil has a sweet, woody aroma that is frequently used in meditation for its grounding effects.
- For an at-home spa experience, fill a large bowl with steaming water, then apply one to two drops of Sandalwood essential oil to your face and cover head with a towel. Place your face above the steaming water. Your skin will feel nourished and rejuvenated.
- Apply one to two drops to wet hair to help restore moisture and give hair a silky shine.
- Inhale Sandalwood directly from palms or diffuse to lessen tension and balance emotions.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Promotes healthy looking, smooth skin
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections
- Creates a positive atmosphere
- Frequently used in meditation for its grounding aroma